Here are some pros and cons just in case you are considering picking one up:
- Motivates you to workout.
- A great way to reach your goals every day. Fitness trackers can monitor your steps, heart rate, and progress.
- It can keep you company and motivated while you work out by yourself.
- Some monitor your calorie burn, which is a great way to keep track of a weight loss program.
- For those who love using technology, it’s perfect for keeping up with the latest gadget.
- These devices can be expensive to use and with technology changing all the time, yours could be outdated very quickly.
- Some of the measurements are not always accurate, especially the heart rate measurement.
- Some rely too much on the tracker and without it, some won’t be inclined to workout.
Here are some things to consider before you purchase a fitness tracker:
- Pick something you will actually wear. If you don’t like how it looks, you won’t wear it.
- Think about why you are buying it and make sure the tracker you purchase can do what you need it to.
- Research the community around your particular tracker, and talk to others about its usefulness.
- If you are going to purchase a tracker, make sure you are committed to using it. Don’t buy one if you don’t have the time to use it.
- Do you use a fitness tracker? What do you like or dislike about it? Let us know what you think!